All Books Signed By The Author!

All Books Signed By The Author!
Hound Dog Books (click here)

May 28, 2010

No Meat, No Problem

About a month ago my girlfriend Jenny decided to stop eating meat and start eating a vegetarian diet (vegan when possible). I thought that was a good idea so I started to do the same, which is kinda of cool because before we met I was eating a mostly vegetarian diet. Well, almost. At the time I think I was still eating fish and seafood. But I didn't eat any beef, pork, or chicken. I started to eat more vegetarian foods when I stopped smoking in 2000. Then in 2006 I started eating bacon and chicken and even hamburgers again. When Jenny decided to "Go Veg" we watched a few DVDs such as "Meet Your Meat" from PETA which gives you a glimpse of what happens to the animals that we eat, "Food Inc" which was really good and makes you think twice as to what goes on in the food industry, and recently we watched "Earthlings" and it deals with how we get our food kind of like "Food Inc" but it also deals with how animals are being treated for entertainment purposes such as in the circus and zoos and also how animals are made into clothing and also animal testing. After watching it, it really makes you think a lot about how we can reduce animal suffering and so on. "Earthlings" and also "Food Inc" is one of those movies that you just have to see, I would recommend both of those movies to anyone. So the other day I wrote down a little poem well it's really a little song about not eating animals. It's real simple. Here it is below:
Cows (a sing a long) 5/15/10
I'm not going to eat you cow.
Moo. Moo. Moo.
I'm not going to eat you cow.
Moo. Moo. Moo.
I'm not going to eat you chicken.
Bok. Bok. Bok.
I'm not going to eat you chicken.
Bok. Bok. Bok.
I'm not going to eat you fish.
Splash. Splash. Splash.
I'm not going to eat you fish.
Splash. Splash. Splash.
I'm not going to eat you pig.
Oink. Oink. Oink.
I'm not going to eat you pig.
Oink. Oink. Oink.
(repeat once more from the beginning)

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!
Remember to like, reblog, and share this.