All Books Signed By The Author!

All Books Signed By The Author!
Hound Dog Books

Jun 25, 2013

Star Trek (Mini-Blog Essay) 6/25/13













Science Fiction Rules!  In fact, "The Empire Strikes Back" was one of the first movies I remember seeing in the theater when I was a kid.  So I've been a loyal "Star Wars" fan since I was five years old.  I started collecting comic books in 2005 when I was about 29 years old.  It all started with a "Star Wars" comic.  I even wrote a poem about it in the book "Poems That Might Or Might Not Change Your Life".  My current comic book subscription pull list looks like this: (DC Comics) The Flash, Batman, Aquaman, The Justice League of America, Swamp Thing.  (Marvel Comics) The Superior Spider-man, Daredevil.  In 2011 thanks to Netflix.com I started watching the British television show "Doctor Who".  I even wrote a blog post about it.  You can check it out here.  As you can see I am the classic all around geek.  Uses "The Force" when opening automatic doors....check.  Likes Aquaman and not afraid to admit it.....check.  Owns a replica of the 9th and 10th Doctor's sonic screwdriver....check.  So now on to "Star Trek".  I remember watching "The Wrath of Khan" on television when I was younger.  Those creatures that crawled into your ears creeped me out, wait they still do.  Although my knowledge of "Star Trek" is limited I'm beginning to get into it a little bit more.  I've seen other "Star Trek" movies such as "The Search for Spock", "The Voyage Home", "Nemesis", and the 2009 "Star Trek".  I really enjoyed all of them.  I can't wait to see "Star Trek: Into Darkness".  If it's still showing at the theater I would like to watch it on the big screen, but if not I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD.  Once again thanks to Netflix I've started watching the original "Star Trek" 1960's television series.  It's really good.  So I guess you can say my journey into geekdom is now complete...."Star Wars", "Comic Books", "Doctor Who", and now "Star Trek".  Live Long and Prosper (Vulcan Salute).   

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!
Remember to like, reblog, and share this.