All Books Signed By The Author!

All Books Signed By The Author!
Hound Dog Books (click here)

Jun 13, 2015

Almost 40 (New Poem)














Not quite mid-night but very close.
Okay, well....not really.
It's only 11:12 p.m.
And before I forget "May the fourth be with you".
(Yes, today is May the Forth).
Okay so on with the poem (I guess).
Third glass of rum and coke.
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum.
The kids are asleep and safely tucked into bed.
Just chilling and relaxing.
Listening to Pink Floyd's "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn".
Wishing I didn't have to work in the morning but I do.
So now what.
Another sip of rum and coke.
Another night of just blah...blah...blah...blah...blah.
Jesus fucking Christ, where has the time gone?
I'm almost forty years old and yet I feel so much younger.
Almost forty?  Well, not quite.
About a month ago I just turned thirty-nine.
So now what.
Well, so far things at work have been good.
Just plugging away and doing what I'm suppose to be doing.
As always the job is still just a job and nothing more.
On a side note: I need to focus more on writing my novel.
Yes, the novel.
That's the one thing that I feel like I should complete before I actually turn forty.
Holy Shit....forty....(fuck that).

No comments:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!
Remember to like, reblog, and share this.